Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
· Diagnose and fix software defects in SIP, H.248 and H.323
· Develop working knowledge of session border controller and other multi-media products
· Sustaining engineering for session border controller and new multimedia products
· Produce detailed functional and design specifications for new features which satisfy functional and quality objectives
· Implement these features in C/C++, cooperatively in a team-based development environment, employing “best practices” software development techniques
· Support parallel organizations such as System Test, Documentation, Sales, and Professional Services in feature development and sustaining for multimedia products
· Provide sustaining support for cross functional and cross product teams
· 5 - 8 years of experience developing highly-available, carrier-class VoIP products
· Previous experience sustaining VOIP products and supporting customer’s needs and expectations preferred.
· Direct development experience with SBCs, B2BUAs, and/or x-CSCF products
· Expert in one or more VoIP protocols including SIP, SDP, H.248, Diameter, and Lawful-intercept protocols
· Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
· Experience with IMS architectures and applications. Experience developing and integrating IMS components.
· C/C++/Linux and script development expertise, ideally on SMP platforms
· Working knowledge in Postgress, MySQL and other relational database
· Ability to perform under aggressive deadlines and work effectively as part of a geographically-distributed team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce clear and comprehensive architectural and design specifications
· Knowledge of IP networking protocols, including IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, TLS, NAT, Diameter and ICE/STUN is a plus.
· Preferred experience in leading and working with teams in a multi-site environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BE or MS or Equivalent