About Sonus: Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and Mobility solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Virtual Mobile capabilities (including mobile clients), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
Position Title: Principal Verification Engineer
Location: Richardson, TX
The Principal Verification Office (VO) Engineer will function as a senior lead engineer and shall carry the following responsibility:
- Lead test teams on large-scale testing efforts involving highly complex IP telephony designs
- Design, implement and troubleshoot VoIP network configurations specific to customer networks within the Sonus VO Lab
- Work closely with Engineering, Sales and customer representatives to understand customers’ IP Telephony or Enterprise IP network requirements to facilitate the design of a suitable lab network for testing
- Configure Routers, Switches, Session Border Controllers (SBC), EMS, PSX, DSI, DSC and other Sonus applications as required during network configuration.
- Develop test strategies and test plans detailing exact scope of testing activities
- Develop and configure Virtual Machine environments as required
- Develop and configure OpenStack cloud environment as required
- Integrate third-party vendor equipment and applications as required
- Develop data collection scripts as required for data mining and analysis
- Develop automation scripts to facilitate analysis and graphing of test results metrics
- Ensure the operability and reliability of designed network
- Troubleshoot network issues within the VO network infrastructure and lab networks
- Perform testing in VO Functional, Capacity, Access and IOT test efforts when needed
- Mentor senior and junior engineers in IP telephony standards and best practices
- Work with minimal guidance and supervision of others
- Demonstrate exemplary time management skills
- Manage multiple testing efforts simultaneously
- Provide professional and accurate status reports to management and leadership as required
- Provide detailed test results with concise analysis of test results and explanation of issues found
- Work closely with other Sonus teams such as Product Support and Engineering to report and resolve product defects
- The VO Engineer must have excellent communication and organizational skills, and possess the ability to interface with Sonus’ customers and third party vendors. In addition, must provide both design and implementation expertise for all major ongoing project.
- Extensive knowledge of transport layer protocols such as TCP, UDP, TLS and SCTP.
- Extensive knowledge of Internet layer protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, and ICMP etc.
- Firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, Access Control List Administration, IPSEC, SSL, DNS
- Expert level knowledge and experience with telephony networking protocols SIP, RTP, MGCP and H323 as well as SS7 and ISDN
- Knowledge of telecommunications transmission standards including: T1/E1, T3/E3, and SONET/SDH
- Expert level skills in network (IP and Telco) architecture, design, data, access, performance, scalability, security, reliability and fault tolerance
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and experience playing key roles on multiple design / architecture projects with a proven history of delivering high quality work
- Experience with large-scale telephony software architecture and implementation is a plus
- Knowledge of Diameter signaling protocol and call flows is required
- Knowledge of 3GPP, IMS and LTE a plus
- Knowledge of SDN a plus
- Knowledge of IP PBX CPE equipment configuration and operation a plus
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix
- Strong scripting skills in one or more languages (Perl, KSH, CSH, and BASH) and process automation knowledge a must
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working directly with customers and members of other teams
- MySQL and/or Oracle experience a plus
- MS in Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in EE, CS, TE or equivalent is required
- Experience may be substituted for some of educational requirement but shall be determined case by case
'All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.'
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.