Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
This position requires direct interaction with our customers assisting in configuration, implementation, and installation support of Sonus Networks platform. This position is responsible for support and resolution of all customer escalated issues including system upgrades, bug tracking, fault recreation, RMA. The successful candidate will be working directly with Tier 1 Telco providers and must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbally) to operations and management layers internally and externally. This job requires strong "hands on" knowledge in at least one of the following areas telephony switching, switch translations, VOIP protocols, or IP network design. Experience in Access equipment and/or NOC management a plus.
- VOIP protocol experience (SIP, MGCP, H323)
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Solaris.
- Experience in SS7(MTP/ISUP/SCCP/TCAP/INAP)/ISDN/CAS signaling configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with setup and debugging TCP/IP networks.
- Oracle Database experience
- Good interpersonal skills, both oral and written, in Japanese
- Fluent English skill as well to communicate with US and read manuals.
- BSEE or Computer Science or Telecom degree or equivalent job experience.
Good planning and organization skills, strong team building skills, ability to lead and drive problems to the appropriate timely conclusion in effort to resolve and contain the customer issues.
Japanese language (speaking, reading & writing) is required.