About Sonus: Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and Mobility solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Virtual Mobile capabilities (including mobile clients), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
Position Title: Senior Field Support Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX area
The Field Support service provides network engineer(s) to serve as on-site support resource(s) at a customer’s Network Operation Center or lab. The on-site engineer can support network verification activities, and following turn-up of the network provide day-to-day fault management support of the Sonus based network. In addition, the on-site engineer can assist in managing the day-to-day process of integrating and implementing new elements of the Sonus based network. Sonus' resident engineer(s) work jointly with customer’s personnel in the following activities:
- Network Verification
- Support of Trunk Provisioning
- Provide on-site fault management of the network
- Installation of new software releases
- Provide informal customer training
- Support Customer self-sufficiency transition plan
- Technical escalation support
This position requires direct interaction with customers, peers, engineering, and sales. This position requires in-depth troubleshooting techniques and fault isolation skills. The person should have in-depth knowledge of Linux, Perl Scripting and Voice Over IP Telephony Architecture and Protocols. In addition, experience with industry standard test and analysis tools (Wireshark, IP Softphones, SIP test tools) is a requirement. The job requires that the individual be able to recreate and isolate customer issues in their particular realm of expertise while working autonomously and with peers. This position requires:
- SIP, H.323, Telephony Routing Translations skill, Security Protocol knowledge, and an in-depth knowledge of signaling protocol standards and usage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working with OpenStack
- Experience with Diameter routing and SS7 STP’s is a plus.
- Ability to lead and drive problems to the appropriate timely conclusion in effort to resolve and contain customer issues.
- Ability to be a strong team member, build relationships with colleagues and set the example by eager participation.
- Document issues and produce records appropriate for customer and management for Incident Status Reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, due to shifted working hours (uplifted pay).
- Ability to travel internationally at short notice as and when required.
- Holds a current driving license
- 8+ years of experience in a professional working environment.
- BS/MS in Telecommunications/Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 4 plus years of experience in a technical customer support role with commensurate skills in customer support.
'All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.'
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.