The role of the Systems and Network Engineer is very much that of a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to current and prospective customers and partners - demonstrating key products through Proof of Concepts or demonstrations, and giving hands on technical training to partners or customers.
The post-holder will be expected to work with 3rd party vendors, partners and Sonus sales teams to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to new and existing customers, whilst developing processes and systems to provide quick yet thorough responses to customer requests for proposal.
The post-holder will also provide pre-sales support and system configuration recommendations, as well as developing and applying methods, theories and research techniques to provide solutions to technical problems.
The role will involve working on leading-edge technologies as well as established product lines, thus a high degree of flexibility and desire for technical knowledge development is required.
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales Account Managers as well as guidance to other Sales Engineers as assigned to a specific targeted account.
- Support all Pre and Post-sales SE efforts when required within the Region.
- Work with the Sales Account Managers/Sales Team to identify revenue opportunities within target account(s).
- Coordinate and provide technical support to ensure that the Sonus solution is selected.
- Develop and present product and applications slides to potential customers.
- Respond to technical bids, RFI's and RFP's.
- Provide high-level network architecture support and work with Professional Services to validate customer architecture.
- Co-ordinate and design the installation of trial equipment
- Oversee EF&I, network validation testing and acceptance test plans (as applicable).
- Professionally demonstrate features and functionality.
- Interface with customers and Sonus engineering as issues arise, monitor bug fixes and track feature development in code releases.
- Provides technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Provide answers to customer enquiries concerning system software and applications and provide software development and consultation to prospective users.
- Ensure that the relationship between Sonus and the assigned account is strong.
- Conduct on-going technical presentations to various organizations within the assigned account to uncover future opportunities and to strengthen the business relationship.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and work with solution partners and emerging channels to win new business and grow the footprint within the territory.Identify and drive new technology initiatives in region, as guided by Technical Director, supporting Sales teams with new product introduction and Alpha/Beta trials.