Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
The Field Support Engineering Service provides a Field Support Engineer(s) to serve on-site supporting the customer in their everyday requirements on a daily basis. Some of these activities may include validating system upgrades or new service offerings in a lab environment or providing on the job training in the NOC, monitoring/troubleshooting/resolving issues as they pertain to the Sonus solution.
This position requires direct interaction with customers, peers, engineering, and sales. This position requires in-depth troubleshooting techniques and fault isolation skills. The person should have hands-on in-depth, knowledge of SS7 protocol and architecture, as well as hands on in-depth knowledge of Linux, Perl Scripting and Voice Over IP Telephony Architecture and Protocols.
In addition, experience with industry standard test and analysis tools (Wireshark, IP Softphones, SIP test tools) is a requirement. The job requires that the individual be able to recreate and isolate customer issues in their particular realm of expertise while working autonomously and with peers. This position also requires:
- Hands on experience with Diameter routing and SS7 STP’s is a plus.
- SIP, H.323, Telephony Routing Translations skill, Security Protocol knowledge, and an in-depth knowledge of signaling protocol standards and usage.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer service relationships.
- BS/MS in Telecommunications/Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 plus years of experience in a technical customer support role with commensurate skills in customer support.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills so being able to converse technically and at a basic level at both an operations and management level both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead and drive problems to the appropriate timely conclusion in effort to resolve and contain customer issues.
- Ability to be a strong team member, build relationships with colleagues and set the example by eager participation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to produce technical documentation as required for customer and internal use.
- Ability to work flexibly, due to shifted working hours (uplifted pay).
- Ability to travel internationally at short notice as and when required.
- Portuguese speaking a plus.
'All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.