Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
The Field Support Engineer is responsible for supporting lab and network deployments of Sonus Networks’ Voice over IP switching software and applications. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Working with customer/lab personnel to plan and engineer any new equipment deployments
- Providing knowledge of Sonus Networks and Third-party equipment in setup and configuration
- Ensuring proper and appropriate installation of Network Equipment
- Performing initial testing on equipment to verify proper installation and configuration
- Detailing testing requirements and plans and generating and executing appropriate test cases
- Able to operate independently while on location at customer locations
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) with management, customers and peers in English
- Working with Sonus partners and other equipment manufactures through interoperability testing and subsequent issue resolution
- Driving to appropriate resolution any issues that are discovered with Sonus equipment either personally or by working with Sonus support/engineering staff
- Effective and complete follow-up on all issues and items
- Flexible with working hours on occasion in order to accommodate customer maintenance windows and customer schedule
- This position will require up to 50% travel
Candidate must be self-motivated and a quick learner with strong communication skills. Must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be driven to achieve results while maintaining the ability to effectively work with others. This position will interface with multiple aspects of the organization including customer service, program management, quality assurance and development engineering.
The role would suit a candidate with technical experience in a telecommunications software installation role with a solid technical background in telecommunications or system administration, including: SIP, SS7, ISDN, SQL, IP Networking, Linux/Unix or related. We also require good customer skills and knowledge of test systems and installation practices.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Unix/Linux/Solaris knowledge and skills
- Understanding of IP network architecture and concepts
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP protocols and concepts
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications voice networks, protocols and concepts
- 2-4 plus years of applicable telecommunications experience
- Perl or equivalent scripting knowledge and demonstrated use
- Mexican Citizen