Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
Working in the EMEA Customer Technical Support Group, based in KL, for a given customer or customers. Responsible for receiving, owning, working and ultimately resolving all issues relating to the named customer(s) including priority bug tracking, escalations, RMA, upgrades, deployment, etc. and any additional duties deemed necessary by TAC management.
Primary Duties and Principal Activities
- Provide Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) cover to Tier 3 level support responsibilities with minimal direction from management as needed.
- Establish an area of expertise with guidance from management in which the engineer will work toward becoming a subject matter expert on a particular product or area of knowledge.
- Update CRM and own and work customer Incident Reports to conclusion effectively accurately and in a timely manner.
- Take direction from TAC management but also work independently as needed providing guidance, drive and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) with management /customer(s)/Vendors and peers.
- Build and maintain skills on current and legacy Sonus platform and applicable technologies as well as identifying, engaging and training for needs of future platform/releases/applicable technologies.
- Lead in escalating 3rd party vendor field problems.
- Perform other duties as may be required to insure success of the support team and customers.
- Travel as needed to customer sites for purpose of onsite support or resident engineer types of activities.
- Work out of regular daytime hours or weekend on occasion in order to accommodate customer maintenance windows and customer schedules..
- Become familiar with and comply with Sonus policies and procedures
BS/MS in Telecommunications/Computer Science or Foreign equivalent
At least 7-10 years of experience in a lead technical customer support
role or preferably management role with commensurate skills in customer
This position requires direct interaction with customers, peers,
engineering, and sales. skills. The person should have knowledge Voice Over IP
Telephony Architecture and Protocols. Ability to take control of situations and
soothe agitated customers. Ability to be
a mentor and leader.
- Ability to build and
maintain strong customer service relationships.
- Excellent spoken and
written English language skills so being able to converse technically and
at a basic level at both an operations and management level both
internally and externally.
- Ability to lead and
drive problems to the appropriate timely conclusion in effort to resolve
and contain customer issues.
- Ability to be a strong
team member, build relationships with colleagues and set the example by
- Document issues and
produce records appropriate for customer and management for Incident
- Strong organizational
and time management skills.
- Ability to produce
technical documentation as required for customer and internal use.
- Ability to work
flexibly, due to shifted working hours (uplifted pay).
- Ability to travel
internationally at short notice as and when required.